Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do we apply for services? A: An application is submitted to Developmental Services Ontario (DSO). An Intake Worker will process the application and explain the process to you. Access is in the Central East Region. Contact information: 1-855-277-2121,, or
Q: What age do I need to be to receive services? A: 18 or older
Q: How is the program funded? A: Access is a transfer payment agency funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
Q: How do I apply for a job at Access? A: You may submit your cover letter and resume to:

Fax: 905-885-1753
Mail: 160 Walton St.
Port Hope, ON
L1A 1N6

Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.

Q: How do I donate? A: Please contact Kimberly McGlashon at 905-885-6358 ext. 200 or
Q: How would I find out more about developmental services? A: The Developmental Services Ontario web site ( can provide you with information the information you are looking for.